Located in the Athenian Riviera
As an Athens coast hotel the 4-star Amarilia is located in Vouliagmeni, the most exclusive and green suburb of the Athenian Riviera. This stretch of coastline, with the Aegean Sea on one side, connects the port of Piraeus with Sounio. It is also referred as the Apollon coast, named after a small Temple of Apollo, which was discovered close to our hotel.
Amarilia Hotel is located in one of the greenest suburbs of Athens, covered with pine trees and commanding magnificent views over the Saronic Gulf, contributing to the feeling of being far away from it all, while being only 5 minutes drive from Glyfada’s shopping area and 20 minutes from downtown Athens and Athens International Airport. The celebrated area of Vouliagmeni, a popular beach resort and escape from the city, is also renowned for its many beautiful parks and pedestrian zones. These factors made it the natural choice for hosting the Triathlon event during the Athens 2004 Olympic games. The nearby marina hosts many of the boats that are seen cruising along the Athens coast, while visitors and residents are offered unlimited opportunities to enjoy nautical sports and sea-related activities.
What to see during your stay
Amarilia hotel is a wonderful base for exploring the coastline and nearby suburbs. Take some time to visit notable locations in Athens and its outskirts.
- You can swim in the impressive Lake of Vouliagmeni, a natural mineral spa with curative powers for many ailments, such as neuralgia, myalgia, lumbago, gynecological diseases and others.
- The water is a comfortable 24ºC all year round!
- Watch the sun go down in always changing colours of yellow, red and orange at the temple of Poseidon at Sounio.
- Just north of Cape Sounio is the ancient town of Thorikos, with the oldest theatre ever found (6th century BC), as well as the port of Lavrio with its rich industrial heritage.
- Visit the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), designed by the well-known architect Renzo Piano. It includes the National Library, the National Opera and a 210.000 m2
- Take the cable car to the hill of Lycabettus, the highest point in the centre of Athens.
- See the changing of the guard at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Greek Parliament.
- Walk through the National garden and Zappeion.
- Visit the Panathenaic Stadium where the Olympic Games were revived in 1896. It is the place from where the Olympic flame starts its journey to the cities of the Olympic Games.
- Visit and walk through the narrow streets of the old quarters of Plaka, Thisio, Psirri, Monastiraki and Gazi.
- Do your shopping in Glyfada or Kolonaki and Ermou street.
- Book an organized boat tour at the islands of Hydra, Poros, Aegina.
- Hop on in one of the cities open air buses.
What to do during your stay
- Stroll along the the sandy beaches in front of the hotel.
- Only steps away from the hotel you may try yourself some water sports.
- Laze away at our outdoor swimming pool.
- Practice your golf skills at Glyfada’s scenic 18-hole course.
- Play tennis at excellent courts around the hotel.
- Spend the afternoon in Glyfada, the biggest shopping district of the southern suburbs. It offers just as many shops as down town Athens with the added value of being along the coast.
- Watch a film at the nearby open air cinemas. All films have Greek subtitles.
- Relax and rejuvenate your body and soul at the Spa & Thalassotherapy center across from the hotel.
- Book a table to have dinner or a cocktail at the finest restaurants, vibrant bars and most exciting outdoor nightclubs.
- Our concierge will give you all the details and tips.
Vouliagmeni, the jewel of the Athenian Riviera, an ideal seaside landscape, “far away so close” to the bustling capital, with sandy beaches and all year round sunny weather!
|Athens Centre||17 km||30’|
|Athens International Airport||19 km||25’|
|Piraeus Port||22 km||30’|
|Parthenon & Acropolis museum||17 km||30’|
|National Gallery||18 km||30’|
|Temple of Poseidon, Sounio||45 km||50’|
|Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center||17 km||25’|
|Ancient town of Thorikos, Lavrio||47 km||60’|
|Vorres museum, Peania||23 km||30’|
|Spa & thalassotherapy center||50 m||1’|
|Kavouri beach||100 m||2’|
|Open air play ground||300 m||5’||2’|
|Kavouri tennis club||1,5 km||10’||3’|
|Astir beach||2 km||15’||5’|
|Vouliagmeni town center||2 km||15’|
|Lake of Vouliagmeni||2,5 km||15’||5’|
|Voula town center||1,5 km||10’||4’|
|Glyfada town center||5 km||10’|
|Glyfada 18-hole golf course||5 km||10’|